To satirize and demystify student life at Ave Maria School of Law

Monday, April 7, 2008

Here We Go: Round 2






Senator Hamilton, who is hardly a Senator at all (read: has done NOTHING since coming to office, and has done NOTHING since apologizing and promising to become a model Senator), is doing it. Yes, it. He is running for President of the Student Bar Association.

We know what you're thinking: which platform will he run on? As we see it, here are his options:



1. "I single handedly did more damage to the school than any other student, therefore I deserve a larger stage for my parlor act."

2. "I wish I can do more to single handedly destroy the school, therefore I deserve a larger stage for my parlor act."

3. "I almost killed off Ave Maria Law. I'm coming back to finish the job. I'm not a quitter."



What damage you say? Well he created an insane blog where he raged against the alumni (he called names including that they are all jobless), he raged against fellow students (he attacked classmates by name on baseless claims and accusations) and his blog was a joke amongst the legal community (it was THE most popular blog on abajournal.com, a site that tracks and monitors thousands of legal blogs).


And people wonder why Ave Maria's reputation amongst the legal community has fallen to being tied in last place of all 184 law schools? Here is one clear reason.

We also wanted to give a shout out to the Facebook group that honors Senator Hamilton and his run for office.
We may not agree with their style (we like to stay anonymous and to the facts), but we like the message.